Generation of Languages
1st Generation of Language – Machine Code / binary language
- Machine code can execute directly
- Faster in execution
- Not easy to understand.
- Machine Knowledge Required.
2nd Generation of Language – Assembly language
- All operations are in symbolic code like add, sub
- Bit easy as compared to machine level language.
- Machine dependent
- Execution is slower than 1st generation
Assembly Language - Assembler - Machine Code
Assembly Language is converted into Machine code by Assembler.
3rd Generation of Language – High Level Language
- Very easy as compared to Assembly language.
- Easy to understand.
- Machine can’t execute directly High level code
- Compiler / Interpreter required
- Execution is slow.
High Level Language - Compiler - Machine Code
High Level Language is converted into machine code using compiler or interpreter.